I read LOTS of Comics...

So, I read comics (duh, with a handle like, "SpiderMitch")... I read everything from the big boys like DC & Marvel, to the mid-sized Image, Dark Horse, IDW, & Aspen, to the independent and smaller publishers like Big Dog Inc & Zenescope...
Anyway, I thought it would be kinda cool to see if I could do a few write-ups after I finish reading comics. You may not necessarily agree with what I have to say, but that's the fun of reading comics: each person has different interpretation and tastes. Here I hope to share my experience (whether it be good or not so good), and have a little fun and humor along the way!

I'll try not to give away too many spoilers, but it's my hope you read these reviews after you've read the issue, so you can comment if you want!

I'm a little behind on what I read, since I try to do so chronologically. This often has me jumping from title to title to fit everything in a massive reading order. Generally I read simultaneous publishers / events at a time.
It may be handy to use the navigation filters above to jump to specific publishers, events, or specific characters!


P.S. I'll be using my phone & tablets to both read the comics & write these reviews, so if there's spelling mistakes / layout issues, sorry!

Monday, April 20, 2015

DC New52 - Superman: Action Comics #0 (I likes me an alien baby blankie!)

Well what do you know? Grant Morrison finally wrote a straightforward story (without paradoxical logic that won't be explained for another 40 issues)!  This was about a simple concept which enabled Morrison to explain some of the head-scratching moments of his Action Comics run.  Namely Jimmy and Clark being roomies & "Where the hell did Kal get all those damn S shirts before the Kryptonian battle armor / suit?"  But beyond the new 52 mythos, a simple one was answered that was always kinda brushed over in the comics: "Is Superman's cape invulnerable?" Well according to the new 52 (& Morrison) it is & the 'Boy Who Stole Superman's Cape' uses it in the coolest way! I'd probably do something dumb like wrap myself in it, jump off a building, only to find I couldn't keep hold of it due to the updraft... This kid's smarter than me.
  
He also asks Supes what the S stands for.  I think at that moment I'd be so worried this crazy invulnerable alien would be pissed at my attempted robbery, he'd beat me into pulp, but again, this kid's got some huevos.

All in all, I think it's a great Superman story, dispute only being put there to address issues brought up by the DC's "New 52" reboot.

Oh and don't read the followup story.  It sux.

No comments:

Post a Comment