I read LOTS of Comics...

So, I read comics (duh, with a handle like, "SpiderMitch")... I read everything from the big boys like DC & Marvel, to the mid-sized Image, Dark Horse, IDW, & Aspen, to the independent and smaller publishers like Big Dog Inc & Zenescope...
Anyway, I thought it would be kinda cool to see if I could do a few write-ups after I finish reading comics. You may not necessarily agree with what I have to say, but that's the fun of reading comics: each person has different interpretation and tastes. Here I hope to share my experience (whether it be good or not so good), and have a little fun and humor along the way!

I'll try not to give away too many spoilers, but it's my hope you read these reviews after you've read the issue, so you can comment if you want!

I'm a little behind on what I read, since I try to do so chronologically. This often has me jumping from title to title to fit everything in a massive reading order. Generally I read simultaneous publishers / events at a time.
It may be handy to use the navigation filters above to jump to specific publishers, events, or specific characters!


P.S. I'll be using my phone & tablets to both read the comics & write these reviews, so if there's spelling mistakes / layout issues, sorry!

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

DC New52 - Deathstroke #0 (...it's the one that says bad mofo!)

Here, we get the origin story of Deathstroke.  He's a mercenary that got his own comic book.


Gotta say, artwork here was hit-or-miss.  Some panels, were drawn with beautiful angles... others, not so much.  The story was pretty generic with no real big twists or turns.  DeathStroke aka Slade Wilson got enhancements and sent on killing missions.  He estranged his family all for the mission.  I guess a twist would be toward the end where you see his son and his wife plotting against him now.  Sorry if that spoiled it for you, but to me (even without being a huge Deathstroke fan) it was kinda a, "that's kinda neat" moment, followed by a yawn.

I'm not trying to poo-poo all over this book.  If you like Deathstroke, this is a definitive New52 origin.  That's cool because from what I've seen, there's been only bits & pieces of his origin throughout the years.  I'm going to look at a few Deathstroke issues after this (maybe 1-3 or so) and decide then to drop or continue if it's art and story entice me.  If it's a villain of the week with a merc that takes them out, I honestly can throw a penny into the pool of Image, Maxx and independent comics and find this.  Kudos to DC for going the extra mile and showing some blood and killshots in their main line.  Approved by the comics code, this is not!



No comments:

Post a Comment