I read LOTS of Comics...

So, I read comics (duh, with a handle like, "SpiderMitch")... I read everything from the big boys like DC & Marvel, to the mid-sized Image, Dark Horse, IDW, & Aspen, to the independent and smaller publishers like Big Dog Inc & Zenescope...
Anyway, I thought it would be kinda cool to see if I could do a few write-ups after I finish reading comics. You may not necessarily agree with what I have to say, but that's the fun of reading comics: each person has different interpretation and tastes. Here I hope to share my experience (whether it be good or not so good), and have a little fun and humor along the way!

I'll try not to give away too many spoilers, but it's my hope you read these reviews after you've read the issue, so you can comment if you want!

I'm a little behind on what I read, since I try to do so chronologically. This often has me jumping from title to title to fit everything in a massive reading order. Generally I read simultaneous publishers / events at a time.
It may be handy to use the navigation filters above to jump to specific publishers, events, or specific characters!


P.S. I'll be using my phone & tablets to both read the comics & write these reviews, so if there's spelling mistakes / layout issues, sorry!

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

DC New52 - Team 7 #0 (Flashback City!)

Okay, so I pretty much found this entire issue completely boring.  I like DeathStroke, Grifter and such, but man I suffered through this one for some reason.  It's a throw-back book to show a team as they were before the characters split & went their separate ways.  I don't know how many issues there are of this, but I'm definitely putting this one on the back-burner.  (The Way Way Way Back-Burner).  The writing wasn't terrible, nor was the art work, but when you don't care about these characters & there's nothing really revolutionary that happens within the book, it make it really difficult to devote the time to wade into these waters.  Especially when the aforementioned characters (Grifter and DeathStroke) both have their own solo series.


I don't think DC is continuing with this title.  I haven't seen it in stores in 2015, so I'm thinking it was a limited run and one of those long-shot stories they throw out there to see if we'll bite.  Maybe I'm wrong, but with Suicide Squad, Justice League (even JL Dark), the Others & the Outlaws out there, it's really hard to be excited about a merc team from the past.



No comments:

Post a Comment