I read LOTS of Comics...

So, I read comics (duh, with a handle like, "SpiderMitch")... I read everything from the big boys like DC & Marvel, to the mid-sized Image, Dark Horse, IDW, & Aspen, to the independent and smaller publishers like Big Dog Inc & Zenescope...
Anyway, I thought it would be kinda cool to see if I could do a few write-ups after I finish reading comics. You may not necessarily agree with what I have to say, but that's the fun of reading comics: each person has different interpretation and tastes. Here I hope to share my experience (whether it be good or not so good), and have a little fun and humor along the way!

I'll try not to give away too many spoilers, but it's my hope you read these reviews after you've read the issue, so you can comment if you want!

I'm a little behind on what I read, since I try to do so chronologically. This often has me jumping from title to title to fit everything in a massive reading order. Generally I read simultaneous publishers / events at a time.
It may be handy to use the navigation filters above to jump to specific publishers, events, or specific characters!


P.S. I'll be using my phone & tablets to both read the comics & write these reviews, so if there's spelling mistakes / layout issues, sorry!

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

DC New52 - All-Star Western #0 (Hex gets the weird eye thingy)

I just wonder exactly how many Jonah Hex fans there are out there.  I suppose if you're a fan of the western genre, you'd be a little hard-pressed to find good comics out there, so Jonah's kinda one of your only choices.  At the very least, DC seems to always push this character into other titles having to do with time-travel, and keep him and a few other characters in the past around for this purpose.

I don't really enjoy Jonah Hex or wild west in comics, so I couldn't really get into this one.  However, if you ARE one of the select few that like him, I suppose this would be awesome.  Having not read any of the All-Star Western series before (or probably even after) the New52 relaunch, I'm not sure if this story's ever been told: How Jonah got is jacked up face.

I can sum the book up by this one picture here:
Don't eff with Indians buddy!

I'd be interested to see if anyone reading this blog actually reads and likes any of the All-Star Western books or Jonah Hex.  Sound off if you do & let me know why I should even consider reading this when there's a plethora of stories in the DC Universe ranging from the grounded to the fantastical; this title just seems to plain & quite a bit uninteresting.

No comments:

Post a Comment